Ontario Power Authority Save ON Energy Heating and Cooling Incentive
Did you know that 60 percent of your yearly electricity bill goes toward heating and cooling your home? By replacing your old central air conditioner or furnace with a new high-efficiency model, you could qualify for up to $650 in rebates from the Ontario Power Authority’s Save On Energy program.
The following rebates are available to Ontario residents who purchase and install new central heating or cooling equipment through Ottawa Home Services:
- $250 incentive when you have an existing furnace replaced with the purchase and installation of a high-efficiency furnace equipped with an electronically commutated motor (ECM).
- $250 incentive when you have an existing central air conditioner replaced with the purchase and installation of an ENERGY STAR® qualified system
- $400 incentive when you have an existing central air conditioner replaced with the purchase and installation of a Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) Tier 2 system.
An electricity-efficient furnace and an ENERGY STAR qualified central air conditioning system will help you:
- Save electricity and money
- Make your home more comfortable
- And you’ll be doing something good for the environment at the same time!
Rebates are available for residents and businesses (with residential-type systems) of Ontario who purchase and install their new central heating or cooling equipment through a participating contractor.
Please note; the following systems do not qualify for the incentive:
- Heat pumps, including geothermal systems;
- Ductless systems;
- Air handlers and;
- Programmable thermostats.