Air Conditioner Tune Ups
Did you know that an air conditioner will lose 5% of its efficiency for every year it goes without maintenance? With a little TLC, your friendly OHS technician can make sure your air conditioning will perform economically and dependably for years to come.
Why Get Air Conditioner Maintenance?
Most people don’t know this, but having your air conditioner system maintained every year is one of the smartest things you can do. Here’s why:
- You get better energy efficiency and spend less on electricity. An air conditioner can drift out of spec as time passes. With your check up, your OHS repair tech will tune everything so that it runs as efficiently as when it left the factory.
- You reduce the likelihood of sudden breakdowns. Your OHS technician will check your system and let you know if anything looks like it’s about to fail.
- Add years to the life of your system. Like any machine, an air conditioner is subject to wear and tear over time. One part that is out of spec can stress all the systems it connects to. As the years pass, the whole system has to work harder, and becomes more likely to give up. Replacing that bad part can mean everything else works the way it was meant to.
When Should I Get My AC Tune Up?
Spring is the ideal time for a maintenance check, before your air conditioner has to start working in the summer. That way, you get the energy efficiency savings all summer long.
What Does an Ottawa Home Services Tune Up Include?
Here are just some of the things we’ll check on your air con system:
- Check refrigerant pressures to ensure system efficiency.
- Check and tighten all electrical connections.
- Visually inspect condenser coil for excess dirt to ensure proper airflow.
- Clean condensate drain line at furnace to prevent future water leaks in the home.
- Check indoor furnace fan for excess dirt to avoid system freeze ups.
Invest in reliable performance, energy efficiency and and long working life for your air conditioner.