Hot water is one of the essential comforts of home. Ottawa Home Services offers licensed, fully accredited water heater services of all kinds:
- Installations of tankless water heaters and hot water tanks.
- Repairs – we can fix any make or model.
- Safety checks and yearly maintenance.
Fully Accredited with These Organizations:
24/7 Emergency Water Heater Repair
We know that breakdowns can happen in the middle of the night, on weekends or even on holidays. That’s why we pledge to be there for you at any time of day or night. Whether you’ve got no hot water or a basement full of it because of a burst tank, we’ll be there for you.
No matter what make or model of water heater you own, we can fix it.*
- You can expect us to arrive on time.
- Once we’ve found the issue, we give you all the options and full prices up front. If you have questions, we will happily answer them in terms you can understand.
- Full prices up front. No hidden fees.
- We’ll respect you and your home. We’ll clean up any mess we make while working.
Our “Nice Guy” promise: we only hire fully licensed technicians who can be trusted in your home.
* Please make sure you own your water heater or rent it from us. If you rent from another company, we’re not allowed to fix it. You can tell from the sticker on your tank if it’s not in your Enbridge gas bill.
Water Heater Installation – Tankless or Tank
They both have advantages, and the truth is that the right one will depend on your lifestyle. While tankless water heaters are vastly more efficient, they do cost more and we understand that they may not be within the reach of every budget, even with financing or our rental program.
Ask us for a free in-home consultation. You’ll get an expert opinion, an honest discussion about the pros and cons of each type, and most importantly no pressure.
Once you’ve decided on the right type and model of water heater for you, we’ll give you a full price quote. It will include all cost – there are no hidden fees of any kind. The price quote is guaranteed for 30 days, so you will have all the time you need to ask questions and make the right decision.
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all our water heater installations. If your new water heater doesn’t perform as expected, we’ll fix it for free. If it comes down to it we’ll even replace it with a comparable model at no cost to you!
Learn more about tankless water heater installation >
Water Heater Maintenance and Safety Checks
Tankless water heaters need to be treated yearly for mineral buildup due to Ottawa’s hard water. And both tankless and tank models work using natural gas, so they should be tested every year to ensure the safety features are working correctly.
This includes things like:
- Draining and flushing the tank
- Checking for obstructions
- Checking for damage or corrosion
- Checking for a “soft blue flame”
- Checking for the presence of flammable or corrosive materials within the immediate area,
- Inspecting venting
- Inspecting air supply
- Inspecting piping system
- Inspecting main burner
- Checking for buildup of soot
- Checking for leaking or damaged water and gas piping
- Manually operating the temperature and pressure safety valves to ensure your water heater shuts down if there’s leakage, excessive heat, or no water coming in.
Regular maintenance pays off in the long run. In fact, you’ll save money several ways:
- You’ll save on fuel and water costs with better operating efficiency.
- You’ll avoid more expensive repair bills.
- Your water heater will last longer, saving you on replacement costs.
Not to mention you’ll get the peace of mind that comes with knowing your water heater is safe. Best of all, if you want to save on yearly maintenance you can sign up for one of our protection plans.
You deserve a reliable hot water supply. Feel free to ask us any questions you may have.
Water Heater Rental Program
We rent both high-efficiency tankless water heaters as well as standard hot water tanks. Read more about our Water Heater Rental Program.